I’ve never been good at introductions, especially not in English. Lets start with the basics, and the two most obvious.
1. I’m Catholic, and not just Christmas and Easter Catholic, but really truly Catholic. Mass every Sunday, Confessions, reading the Bible, saying my prayers, trying to live the life I was meant for Catholic. We all make mistakes, and I have made some big ones, but what doesn’t change is how forgiven I am.
2. I’m going to be a mom, and I’m scared, I’m excited, and I know I wouldn’t be able to do this without my amazing parents.
3. I’m 14 years old, young, I know, but you grow up fast when you are growing another person.
4. I was adopted. I was born in Russia, we aren’t exactly sure when, but we think I was about 2.5 when I was adopted.
5. I’m Deaf. ASL is my first real language, my parents knew there was something “wrong” with me when I was adopted, but it was determined I was deaf shortly after I was brought to the states.
6. I have Cochlear Implants. These are devices that help me hear, but they are far from perfect.
7. I am keeping my baby. Right now I’m 18 weeks along, but the one thing that will not change is I am keeping my child.
8. My baby’s father currently isn’t in the picture.
9. I live in a state where heat runs ramped, the summers are 120 degrees and I love it.
10. I can no longer attend my Catholic school due to being pregnant.